Collection of Personal Information
You may search, browse, and access information contained on our website without providing us with any personal information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us through our website located at www.hyoumankind.co.nz (“Website”). We also automatically collect information when you visit our website, and we provide further information on this in the below “Tracking Technologies” section.
The types of personal information that we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is being collected and includes your first and last name, physical address, e-mail address, phone numbers, date of birth, residential address, country of residence and payment details.
In the event that you are voluntarily providing us with personal information and do not provide your full and correct details, we may not be able to comply with the purpose for which such personal information has been provided to us.
Information may be collected, and held, either by us directly or on our behalf via our third party contractors. This information may be stored by our third party contractors outside of New Zealand.
Use of Personal Information
How we use your personal information will depend on the purpose for which it is collected. Our primary use of your personal information will be in relation to orders for our products made by you through the Website. We will also use your personal information for more general purposes. We provide a summary of the uses within each category as follows:
We will use information collected in the course of you submitting orders for our products through our Website for the following purposes:
- to service such orders for our products and arrange delivery of the same;
- to process and administrate your transaction with us as a customer;
- to provide you with special offers;
- to aggregate along with the data of other clients in order to develop insights in relation to product preferences; and
- to prepare and publish reports detailing insights gained from aggregated data such as market trends. Any data included in such reports will be anonymised and will include no personally identifying information.
The following sets out a list of general uses of your personal information that may apply to you depending on the purpose for which you have provided your personal information to us:
- disclosure to and use by service providers and contractors to help us operate and improve our business (which may include undertaking market research in relation to our customers) and/or provide a service to you, e.g. who help us operate and develop our computer systems, send out mail, send out email, and clean collected data;
- to provide you with marketing and promotional information regarding Hyoumankind and our products (we note that you can opt-out of receiving any such information at any time);
- to contact you in response to general enquiries;
- to further develop and refine the Website; and
- for archival purposes which involves maintaining a database of all users of the Website. Such database will generally be used for direct marketing purposes and to aid in the further development and refinement of the Website.
Use of Tracking Technologies
Examples of information we may collect using cookies and other tracking technologies include:
- technical information such as your computer’s IP address and your browser type; and
- information about your visit such as the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them.
Access and Correction
You can request that we provide access to the personal information we have collected about you at any time. There are certain exemptions which may apply to, or otherwise prevent us from providing you with, your information.
You can also request us to correct such personal information. In the event that we refuse or do not comply with any such request, you are entitled to request a statement be attached to the relevant information that a correction was sought but not made.
Transfer of Personal Information
We may transfer your personal information to our group companies, affiliates and/or related entities. We may also transfer your personal information to third party service providers to assist us in performing any of the tasks described above under the “Use of Personal Information” heading. Otherwise we will not provide your personal information to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.